How Legacy HelpsHospice care focuses on dignity and quality of life. At Legacy Hospice, we concentrate on easing the pain and suffering associated with life-limiting illnesses. The success rate of hospice in controlling pain is very high. Most patients can attain an acceptable level of comfort through a combination of medications, counseling, and therapies.
Patients receive care in more comfortable, familiar surroundings.
Caring for a loved one at the end of a long, progressive illness can be very difficult. Nights in particular can be lonely and frightening. Our nurses are on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, to answer questions and support caregivers.
Your doctor can still direct your medical care.
- Nurses available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Care in the comfort of your own home
- Care in the nursing home or assisted living facility
- Respite care
- Continuous care during crisis
- Hospice will provide all medications related to hospice diagnosis
- Hospice will supply all necessary care items and medical equipment related to hospice diagnosis
- Bereavement program
- Grief support groups
- Spiritual care and counseling
- Regular visits by nurses and home health aides
- Palliative care in the comfort of your own environment
- Intensive symptom and pain management
- Pursuit of available community resources